[wp-testers] Posts Don't Publish Via XML-RPC

Jeff Chandler jeffro at jeffro2pt0.com
Sat Dec 13 11:29:45 GMT 2008

I'm using ScribeFire and the built in support for XML-RPC.  Their are
two weird things going on and they are related. If I select the option
to publish the post as a draft, when I login to WordPress and edit the
draft, the Publish button will not be displayed and instead, it's
replace with a SCHEDULE button. If I save the post and play around with
the settings, I can get the SCHEDULE button to be replaced with the
PUBLISH button.

Just 5 minutes ago, I published the post bypassing the draft option from
scribefire. When I logged into the WordPress backend, the publish button
was gone an the post somehow was scheduled to be published. When I
clicked on the EDIT link to edit the post status, all I can choose is
SCHEDULED, PENDING, or DRAFT.

I've clicked on the EDIT link and have reset the time for when the post
was scheduled and when I did that and then saved the changes, the post
status went to PUBLISHED.

This seems like really weird behavior to me and I'm not sure if it's the
fault of WordPress, The XML-RPC or ScribeFires interaction with WP2.7.