[wp-testers] HTML paragraph formatting glitches - Firefox

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Wed Apr 2 19:29:05 GMT 2008

Sue Gelber wrote:
> Hi - I write posts and pages in HTML to customize image placement,
> hspace, borders, text alignment, titles (since alt doesn't show up as
> a mouseover in Firefox), etc. In 2.5, <h3> (or any <h_> next to an
> image gets bumped a line down (rather than where I place it) and <br
> clear="right"> (or left) is deleted after previewing. The same
> happens if I adjust paragraph placement in visual mode - it readjusts
> in previewing. Thanks. Sue

TinyMCE 3 in WordPress 2.5 is validating for XHTML 1.0, which means all
formatting is done (primarily) with css. The classes can be defined in
your theme's style.css or you can use inline css. So for images instead
of hspace="9", vspace="5", border="1", etc. try using style="magrin: 5px
9px; border: 1px solid #888;" etc.

Same goes for <br clear="right"> would be <br style="clear:right;">. To
adjust paragraph placement try <p style="margin-top:30px;">, etc.