[wp-testers] Re: Zombie Couriers

Travis Snoozy ai2097 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 27 19:06:59 GMT 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:33:19 -0700, "Lloyd Budd"
<lloydomattic at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
> The data in the tables was necessary to debug problems with migration
> to the new tables.

Would renaming the tables after the conversion have been sufficient
(e.g., it was a matter of not losing the contents)? That might have
better facilitated the needs of both test and dev, since anything that
was going to break in the absence of the tables would have.

But more important: what would have been the proper way to get that idea
injected higher up in the chain? I knew of the schema change, but I
wasn't affected by it, so I didn't actually know that the tables
weren't dropped after update before RC1 (which precluded me making any
suggestions in time to be useful). Is there a test-lead-like person
keeping an eye on this kind of stuff (or does "digital entomologist"
mean you're the guy qualified for that ;)?

--
Travis

In Series maintainer
Random coder & quality guy