[wp-testers] Re: wp-testers Digest, Vol 31, Issue 25

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 00:16:04 GMT 2007

On 9/17/07, Nick Bertovich <nick at waxball.net> wrote:

> I ran into this problem too; it occurred when trying to import posts
> from an old installation of Wordpress. I changed my wp-content/
> uploads permissions to 777 and that appeared to fix it. However this
> probably makes the installation much less secure. Hopefully it'll be
> fixed when the final version is released?

It's not a WordPress problem, it's just a permissions "problem". I have my
wp-content/uploads folders CHMODed to 755, and it works fine. It all depend
on your server configeration. Try CHMODing wp-content/uploads to 775, if
you're worried about it.

--
Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/ | http://livemp.net/