[wp-testers] Multi-Tag Collation / Term Confusion

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sat Sep 8 19:11:49 GMT 2007

On 9/8/07, Thomas Belknap <dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net> wrote:
> I'm seeing two issues and I wanted to see if anyone else had the same
> problems. The first is that, while tag pages are formatted fine, tag
> pages where multiple tags have been selected show up with a heading of
> "Posts Tagged ''", as in this page:
> http://beta.holisticnetworking.net/tag/administration+wordpress/

That's on my to-do.  For multi-tag queries I'll either pick one tag to
show or try to do something that shows them all.

> Tags and categories of the same name *are* supposed to be able to live
> together in harmony, correct? Intuitively, it seems like "Plugin
> Concepts" + "plugins", which has an ID of 7, was created when the data
> was imported, then "Plugin Concepts" + "plugin-concepts," which has an
> ID of 10, was created when the post was updated? But why did it create a
> new term with a new slug?

When creating a new tag we key off of the slug rather than the name
when checking to see if the tag already exists. Looks like we need to
check name and then slug to catch these cases.

Ryan