[wp-testers] WordPress blog extremely slow

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:30:21 GMT 2007

On 9/5/07, Bull3t <bull3t at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Even though I have nearing 50 plugins, I don't see why they should slow down
> my WordPress installation, anyone got any ideas for speeding it up anymore?

Certain types of plugins could potentially slow down your blog
considerably. For example, plugins which do a lot of database reading
without using WordPress' built in database class (as the queries don't
get cached), plugins which use output buffering, plugins which write
to the database during normal pageviews, there are many reasons.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have fifty plugins installed
(although personally I wonder why you'd need fifty...), but it's
pretty darn likely that one or two of your plugins are the root cause
of your slowdown.

Maybe try disabling all the plugins which only affect the admin
interface, and not the blog itself, and see if you notice any
improvements.

Failing that, try WP-Cache?

John.