[wp-testers] Corrupted Database

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 00:13:58 GMT 2007

Gene Steinberg wrote:
> Only the header on www.macnightowl.com would display.
>
> There were no changes in site content during this period.
>
> When you viewed source in the browser it looked fine. The solution was
> to restore the previous version of the database (the one I backed up
> prior to the installation), go back to WP 2.2.2 and it worked fine.

This does not (necessarily) mean the database was bombed.

The reason for the header only displaying would be because a PHP error
occurred somewhere between the header and the footer, making PHP the one
that bombed out.

Because PHP errors are most likely not displayed publicly on your
server, check your web server error log to see if PHP output any errors
in there. (If you run your own server, make sure the 'error_log' PHP
setting is 'On'.)