[wp-testers] DB_CHARSET and DB_COLLATE in wp-config.php

Boris Anthony lists.permutype at gmail.com
Fri May 4 22:49:35 GMT 2007

> So, basically, if you are doing a fresh install, don't change the
> value of DB_CHARSET.  If you are doing an upgrade, don't add
> DB_CHARSET.  These are there for contrary people who like to have
> difficult lives.  :-)

or people in non-western countries or people setting up non-western
language blogs.

http://zh.globalvoicesonline.org/hans/
http://bn.globalvoicesonline.org/ (let's see how many of you have
bengali keyboard mappings ;)
http://fa.globalvoicesonline.org/ (just set up, using utf_persian_ci)
http://ru.globalvoicesonline.org/

I was in Hong Kong in January setting up WPMU for the journalism
department at HKU and I spent the whole first day wrestling with
collations and char_sets.

In a nutshell, very glad to see this, and would be even gladder to
see even more indication that you all realise that WP is being used
*globally*. :)

B.