[wp-testers] Wordpress UTC Time

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Thu Mar 22 00:01:51 GMT 2007

Matt wrote:
> Well, for a checkbox for "Daylight Savings Time is In Effect" it would be
> +1, in North America at least. :P

The time of year they change is opposite, but "daylight savings time"
or "summer time" is still + 1 hour in the southern hemisphere.

Believe me you do not want WP to figure out daylight savings rules for
the world. It is one of the most complex subjects I have ever written
software for...

FYI, at least as of a few years ago (when I actually was writing
time/date/daylight savings software), no country changed by 1/2 hour
for daylight savings. The variation was just in when during the year
countries changed; also some don't change at all. Some time zones are
also 1/2 hour off their neighbors (and a few even 1/4 hour off) for
their base time zone, but when they go on daylight savings, they set
the clocks ahead by an hour.

     Jennifer