[wp-testers] 2.3 Where and what...

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:50:03 GMT 2007

Ryan Boren wrote:
> Matt and I have upgraded a number of sites with good results.  Just
> make sure you are upgrading from 2.1 or later releases.  If you're
> upgrading from something older the upgrade will bomb.  Fixing that is
> on the to-do.
>
> Category related plugins will likely break horribly.   The UTW
> importer should work, but I haven't tested it too much lately.
>
> Upgrade doesn't delete the categories, link2cat, or post2cat tables,
> so you can always fall back.

Ok, here's the deal. I just upgraded all my live sites to 2.3-alpha.

spencerp.net - was originally running trunk and utw plugin. Ran upgrade,
then went and converted UTW tags to WP tags no problem. Then just
modified the theme files like I had other one. Tags are showing fine...

vindictivebastard.net - uploaded 2.3-alpha files. Ran upgrade. Checked
front page, and ALL the tags were listed in tag cloud. Tags under posts
went bye bye. I then converted cats to tags that went fine. Then
re-assigned UTW tags (800 or so) from UTW to WP tags whatever... they
all were assigned to posts. Went to front page, no change.

Code on theme files to show tags under posts is this:
<?php if ( function_exists( 'the_tags' ) ) : the_tags('Tags: ', ', ',
'<br />'); endif; ?>

Which DOES work on spencerp.net cause I used same code, and the WP tags
are showing no problem...

The sidebar TAG Cloud code is this and it's calling ALL the tags, what's
the correct way to show only like 50 or whatever?
<?php wp_tag_cloud('smallest=8&largest=22'); ?>

Besides all that, what steps should I take to get all my tags working
like peaches and cream again? LOL! Drop specific tables in database?
Re-run upgrade again or ... how should I handle this one... Thanks in
advance...

--
spencerp
http://spencerp.net