[wp-testers] reformatting posts?

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 16:57:57 GMT 2007

I'm not sure this is a bug, and I'm not sure why it's happening.

Using 2.2beta2

I copy some plain text and paste it to a write page.

In the VRE, I copy a few stanzas of a poem, and use the centering option.

Before each stanza, it adds a <p align="center"> but no closing </p> at the
end of each (in code view)

It was also adding an extra <p align="center">&nbsp;</p> after each stanza.

So I deleted the code, and decided to use the div class I had been
previously using to center stanzas, <div class="txtcntr">

However, when I save the Page draft, all of my <div class="txtcntr"> are
being converted to <p class="txtcntr">, and removing any closing </divs>

Long story short, it is completely borking my layouts.  I was able to use
this div in 2.0.5...

Any suggestions?

~miklb