[wp-testers] "Ready for upgrade" script...

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri Jan 12 05:53:01 GMT 2007

Spencer P said:
> They've renamed a few files in the 2.1 wp-includes/. Well, some of
them..

Maybe we should come up with a list of these.  And things like looking
for the $table variables.

Then we can write a script that greps for these things.  It would toss
trouble lines/files  into a log or html file.

That way, the user can know that they might have problems with those
plugins.

Doesn't that sound doable?

It wouldn't catch everything of course, but we know what some of the
most common issues will be don't we?

I would cross post this to hackers, but I think you all would hit the
trouble spots first.

We could even do queries to look for database problems...

Thoughts?