[wp-testers] Mysql Versions

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Wed Jan 10 09:35:22 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 23:27 -0500, spencerp wrote:
> [Alex wrote>
> they claim only 3.23.23.~~]
>
> It's ok, I just copied/pasted this from the readme.html file:
> "*MySQL version 3.23.23 or higher ", but, I guess someone could
> include other versions specifically.. ;) :)

I think you didn't get me right. ;-)

As far as I noticed, WP 2.1 will require at least MySQL 4.0. So if
somebody with a MySQL 3.23.x tries to install WP and assumes it works
with "MySQL version 3.23.23 or higher" (as he will have read in the
readme.html delivered with his shiny new WordPress), he will be confused
with weird MySQL errors or something like that. Therefore that phrase in
the /readme.html should be changed to "MySQL version 4.0 or higher".
Other documention about minimum system requirements should be updated
accordingly.

Best regards
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
work: http://www.zirona.com/ | leisure: http://www.roggenrohl.net