[wp-testers] Wordpress 2.0.4

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Thu Jul 27 16:51:28 GMT 2006

>http://wordpress.org/beta/wordpress-2.0.4-beta-2.zip

Are we certain that the security changes in 2.0.3 and now 4 don't warrant
calling this next release WordPress 2.1?

I know it will mess with hacker and tester minds alike, but I'm still
concerned about the slow adoption rate of 2.0.3.  Going from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3
sure doesn't sound critical, but it was huge.

No one should be running an unmodified WP 2.0.2 or earlier or earlier on
their site.

A 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 or 2.0.4 version change, does not adequately express that
level of urgency.  Though I didn't say it here, I was surprised when the
last release went out labeled as 2.0.3.

The current plugin security issues doesn't, in my mind warrant the change to
2.1 on its own, but if you look at the combined affect of these last two
releases, that surely warrants a point release.