[wp-testers] Nightly Builds/WinZip Replacement

Achton N. Netherclift achton at netherclift.net
Thu Jan 12 22:37:41 GMT 2006

tsykoduk wrote:
> [...] but why exclude folks who don't know what a tarball is? Does it
> really take that much longer to create a zipfile as well as a tarball?
> If wordpress was only aimed at sysadmins or other console jockeys,
> then I could see not having the zips, but as it stands, keep bolth.
I think it's been said before, but I'll just repeat for good measure.
This is regarding the *nightlies/alphas*, not the actual WP-releases. As
such, IMHO, if you deem yourself experienced (and adventurous) enough to
use the nightlies, you should be able to figure out a solution for this
problem without asking the WP devs to supply us with more bandwidth,
diskspace, etc.

I really can't see the issue here. MacOS has it. Linux guys know what to
do. For Win32, 7-zip is free. What's the deal?

Achton.

--
http://achton.netherclift.net/