[wp-testers] Nightly Builds

Fairweb fr web at fairweb.fr
Thu Jan 12 11:05:02 GMT 2006

>Excuse me...but some of us ARE using WinZip, you know :)

I think working on open source should open minds ;)
Nightlies are there for testing which means that they're aimed for adaptable people who want to test and not for large public. Unzipping a .tar.gz (even under Windows XP) is not "mission impossible" and solutions have been given here.

If it's convenient for developpers to offer .tar.gz files and it saves bandwidth and disk space (which we don't pay for, remember), I'm quite happy to use an extra software and process to a couple of extra clicks when unzipping a nightly build.

I've been using http://7-zip.com/  for quite a while on windows xp and it's all very fine.

Myriam