[wp-testers] Uploading photos and apostrophe character in names

Clay Heaton ccheaton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 16:07:14 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I noticed some recent discussion with problems getting the dynamic menu to
show up on photo thumbnails when photos are uploaded in WP 2.0.

I think that the problem happens when a photo is uploaded using a name that
contains an apostrophe, like "Clay's dog."  This disables the dynamic menu
for the images for that post and for all of the images in the 'Browse All'
section.  This makes it impossible to delete the problematic photo, even if
it is manually deleted from the server.  In fact, the only way to fix the WP
install is to go into the database and remove the entries regarding the
attachment both from the post_meta table and from the posts table.  Yikes!

Does somebody want to try to reproduce this?  I was able to reproduce it
once when I tried and also able to fix the WP install by editing the tables
in the database.

Regards,
Clay

http://www.twohelp.org