[wp-testers] Fail to upgrade wp2.0.1 RC1

Craig nuclearmoose at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:44:58 GMT 2006

I suppose that this is dangerous ground, but is there not a way to have WP
disable all of the plugins when upgrading? Yikes, I suppose that leaves the
door wide open for a lot of nasty stuff. What about a "toggle activation for
all selected plugins for upgrade" button in the plugin panel?

My point is that it's likely that the vast majority of WP users are not
aware of the need to deactivate plugins when upgrading. Not only that,
deactivating a crapload of plugins one at a time is a pain, which might
encourage some users to simply roll the dice and hope that an upgrade
doesn't bork as a result of an incompatible plugin.

The plugin panel needs a bit of love in this regard, I think. At the very
least, there needs to be a message at the top and bottom of the plugin panel
that plugins should be deactivated PRIOR to an upgrade.

Craig Hartel.
aka Nuclear Moose