[wp-testers] WordPress 2.0.6 RC1

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Fri Dec 15 20:51:11 GMT 2006

On Dec 15, 2006, at 3:34 PM, Brian Layman wrote:

> If the fix is easily bypassed wouldn't you want to know that
> sooner, rather
> than later? Besides, this method pretty much clearly isolates the
> fix and
> draws attention to it, doesn't it?

The fix is an obvious one, and one we've made before to other parts
of WordPress, so I'm not worried that it'll be bypassed (past similar
fixes would have been bypassed by now).  It does call attention to
it, but any PHP script kiddie worth his salt would have been able to
pick the change out of a big changeset anyway.

> Oh.. by "Head Start" do you mean at attacking blogs that haven't
> updated?
> If that's what you mean, I guess that does have some logic to it...

Yep... normal WP users aren't on the wp-testers list, so it could
give troublemakers a head start against them.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/

Covered Web Services