[wp-testers] Allowed memory size exhausted

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 15:11:05 GMT 2005

The memory limit is usually 8MB but some hosts may place it higher or
lower according to whim. There is no easy safety check for memory
limits and the error is always fatal. 1.6 attempts the resize after
the upload move and db insert, so if it fails it does so silently.

One good solution is to leave php settings alone (many people can't
touch them anyway) and include support for a 3rd-party, open source
image resizing tool that might be included, much like we include
Snoopy and TinyMCE.

Any volunteers to find the best 'nix thumbnailer binary and code
around it, while keeping it safe for Win servers and checking a
defined constant for an alternate program path?

Andy