[wp-testers] Quote?

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Thu Nov 17 22:00:44 GMT 2005

Doug Stewart wrote:
> I think the problem here is that, symantically, "indent" and "quote"
> are two wholly different beasts.  "Indent" is simple formatting - I
> could conceive of several good situations in which one would want to
> simply indent text.  "Quoting", however, has a very specific
> connotation - you are sourcing someone else's words and, as such, it
> should be marked up differently, at least by convention.

This discussion has become pedantic (or maybe it started that way).

If you have a true concern over which tags are used, you should not use
the WYSIWYG editor.  You should use the textarea and write out your own
tags as you desire.

The WYSI editor is great for the majority of ordinary users who, in my
completely unresearched opinion, don't give a damn what we geeks mean
when we say "semantic markup".

Owen