[wp-testers] Cahrset and feed

ecto Support ecto at kung-foo.tv
Sun Jul 10 11:57:42 GMT 2005

I would not put much weight on how iTunes handles feeds:
http://www.intertwingly.net/blog/2005/07/06/Shameless-Pandering

> I have a huge lot of problems with RSS2 and iTunes seems very
> sensible to
> this, amon those some questions :
>
> 1) is there a WP function to remove HTML tags.
>
> For example <![CDATA[<?php the_content('', 0,'') ?>]]> returns
> This breaks <itunes:summary>

CDATA is one way to escape HTML content. If iTunes cannot handle this
then you need to report it to Apple.

> 2) in the_content " ' " semm to be translated in " &#8217; " that
> beaks my
> feed is there any solution to have it un changed ?

Why would a XML entity break your feed? That doesn't make sense.

Adriaan