[wp-testers] Testing 'Live' Nightly Builds

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Wed Dec 14 13:58:14 GMT 2005

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Overall, let's say John Bloggs submitted a patch, which is said to have
> been
> fixed the  following day.  John Bloggs  can then hop onto the latest
> nightly
> version and confirm that the bug was  fixed in its entirety. No need to
> look
> at diffs.

Then:

Wouldn't the latest nightly contain the fix, thereby obviate the need to
keep historic nightlies over any duration?

And:

History is always available more accurately through SVN, so why would
any user who has the need to review history use anything other than SVN
or the SVN changeset viewer in Trac?

I just don't see why we would need to keep old nightlies around at all.

Owen