[wp-testers] is tiny-mce broken on Camino/Safari or is that mymisconfiguration?

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Thu Dec 8 23:21:14 GMT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: wp-testers-bounces at lists.automattic.com
[mailto:wp-testers-bounces at lists.automattic.com] On Behalf Of Andy Skelton
Sent: 08 December 2005 23:12
To: wp-testers at lists.automattic.com
Subject: Re: [wp-testers] is tiny-mce broken on Camino/Safari or is that
mymisconfiguration?

> As for forbidden HTML elements such as script and style, I understand
> that these are being stripped to protect you from malicious authors
> but I also think that it's going a little overboard.

Something of an understatement? The admin (and in a very large number of
sites, that's going to be the only user anyway) should be able to decide
what is and is not allowed, if there is going to be tag stripping going on.
Guaranteed to generate a lot of questions in the forums, too.

While having options (even default settings) to make WP "easier" for less
experienced people, those who not only don't know any HTML but don't want to
is (generally) a good idea, it's important not to do this at the expense of
the users who *do* know what they're doing.

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Losing it[1] - http://lcb.me.uk/