[wp-polyglots] WordPress 3.0

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Fri Jun 18 10:30:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 21:02, Mark Thomas Gazel <mark at gazel.dk> wrote:
> The big day has come.
>
> What to do?

For future releases, build a package early and often. Building isn't
tied to releasing, so you can do it whenever you want.

> On the the page:
>
> http://da.wordpress.org/wp-admin/tools.php?page=rosetta_manage_translations
>
> What to choose:
>
> Subversion
> or
> translate.wordpress.org (dist/ files will still be taken from Subversion)

It depends where is your translation. If you use svn, choose
Subversion. If you translated at translate.wordpress.org, choose it
instead.

> ---
> Locale-branch:
> (should I pick trunk here?)
> ---
> WordPress-branch:
> (Should it be branches or tags 3.0)

tags/3.0 is your safest choice

The tag will never change. In trunk is the latest and greatest
WordPress code. In branches/3.0 will be code with bug fixes only, used
for 3.0.x releases.

> ---
> WordPress-revision:
> (The field says HEAD)

Yeah, you want HEAD, unless you know what you are doing :-)

> ---
> WordPress-version:
> 3.0 is filled in, which I guess is fine.
>
> I'm not totalley sure what to choose here.
>
> Then I build it. If this goes fine I press publish and it ends up on
> da.wordpress.org.

First build it, then download it and test it. See that installation
and general stuff works. Then, release it and it will appear on
da.wordpress.org and users will get the option to auto-upgrade to the
Danish version.