[wp-polyglots] Re. NO, NN and NB (was: How does it work?)

Peter Holme peter at holme.se
Wed Jun 16 19:52:01 UTC 2010

hmm.. I ran a few tests, including building nb_NO versions for WP 2.9.1 and
2.9.2 at nb.wordpress.org. Then I set up a local install of 2.9.1 (nb_NO),
and I immediately got the option to upgrade to the norwegian 2.9.2 version..
I think I should wait a bit and see what happens. But are there any other
differences between the regular packages and the localized packages except
for:

   - the addition of mo and po files
   - localized wp-config-sample.php (and other optional files in /dist)
   - the line $wp_local_package = 'nb_NO'; in wp-includes/versions.php ?

I tried editing my versions.php on a site that was installed using a
non-localized version, which has since been upgraded to 3.0-RC3-15260 with
the beta tester plugin (and it is set to nb_NO in wp-config.php as well) -
but when I re-ran the upgrade, it didn't fetch the package from
http://nb.wordpress.org/wordpress-3.0-RC3-15260-nb_NO.zip - and the
versions.php was reverted to not include the line  $wp_local_package =
'nb_NO'; ...

Peter

--
+47 920 42 782