[wp-polyglots] How does it work?

Eivind meinmycell-lists at yahoo.no
Tue Jun 15 22:09:32 UTC 2010

I'd also like access to no.wordpress.org, if possible. Also, if that is not already taken care of, it would be useful to have svn commit access to nn_NO, in order to add TwentyTen translations.

As the coordinators for some reason have chosen to set up locale sites this way, it is very important that multiple languages at one site (nb and nn) be implemented quickly. no.wordpress.org, as it is now, counteracts the principle of one site per _locale_ - although crosslinks do help. I have earlier agreed that one site per _country_ is useful, but that makes sense only if all locales in that country are available. They are not now.

So, dear coordinators: Both nn and nb people requested this feature before you went off and set up no.wordpress.org. If you are not able to implement dual languages quickly, the correct thing to do would be to move no. to nb. for now. I am being a pedant and a pain in the neck over a small cause here for a reason: I am tired of having a locale (nb) confused with a country (no), especially when we already elaborately told you which is which. I don't want it, naturally because I and others spend time doing nn translations. Please, please do it right and stick to the conclusions made on this list.

Now, I'll stop nagging and start translating.

Eivind Ødegård