[wp-polyglots] Norwegian translation

Peter Holme peter at holme.se
Tue Jun 1 09:46:00 UTC 2010

Yes, I agree with Eivind in that both packages should be available at
no.wordpress.org. Are there any technical difficulties?

If the reason is that only one "package" can be distributed on each
subdomain of wordpress.org, I don't think anyone would mind if both language
files are distributed together (it is public policy in Norway to publish
documents in both "bokmål" and "nynorsk"), or what do you think, Eivind?

Peter

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:54, Eivind <meinmycell-lists at yahoo.no> wrote:

> > Well, ok, then maybe no.wordpress.org for nb_NO and
> > nn.wordpress.org
> > for nn_NO? Guess we could link to eachother anyway (and
> > nb_NO is by
> > far the mostly used language.
>
> In the first place: Having different sites for different (but mutually
> understandable) languages within one country is not very productive.
> Ideally, nn_NO and nb_NO should both be available from no.wordpress.org.
>
> If this is not possible, which is regrettable, the correct practice would
> be nb.wordpress.org and nn.wordpress.org.
>

> Best regards
>
> Eivind Ødegård

+47 920 42 782