[wp-polyglots] Localization of WordPress.com Stats

Peter Holme peter at holme.se
Thu Jul 15 10:00:04 UTC 2010

Sorry,

I thought that when I as a validator import translations to a glotpress
project by uploading a po-file, only strings without translations would be
affected. Therefore, any translations we have modified in the .org
translations wouldn't be reflected in the .com translation when the po file
is exported from .org and imported to .com.

This makes it all the more likely that translations will be incoherent, as
many strings are related to, derivated by or mostly equal to other strings
(some of which may now have been changed, and others which are not changed)

Here's the text that I'm talking about from
http://translate.wordpress.org/getting-started :

*Importing external files*
There may be the case where a validator needs to import translations from an
external file (current supported formats are .po, .android and .rrc). When
the file is imported, only untranslated strings will be written. Also, if
the imported file contains original strings not present in GlotPress’ list,
those strings will be ignored.

Peter

+47 920 42 782