[wp-polyglots] Unable to automatically update (zh_TW)

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Mon Jan 4 10:04:09 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 18:11, Pseric <pserics at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/3 Nikolay Bachiyski <nb at nikolay.bg>

>> > Hi Nikolay,
>> > I've tried on some blogs, but it looks still doesn't work fine.
>> > The automatic update and download link is point
>> > to http://zh.wordpress.org/wordpress-2.9-zh_TW.zip ,
>> > and I can't get the file, unless
>> > http://tw.wordpress.org/wordpress-2.9-zh_TW.zip ,
>> > seems there are issues?
>>
>> The API works correctly now. You can see it here:
>>

>> http://api.wordpress.org/core/version-check/1.4/?version=2.8.6&locale=zh_TW
>>
>> You have to explicitly visit Tools → Update in order to get the new
>> information. Otherwise the cached data is used.
>>
>> Happy translating,
>> Nikolay.
>

> Hi Nikolay,
> I'm very sure I visit Tools → Update to get new infomation,
> I installed a temporary WordPress 2.8.6 (zh_TW) few minutes ago,
> and try to go to update-core.php, but still zh.wordpress.org . I don't know
> why.
> You can re-check it on http://pseric.com/zh/wp-login.php with admin / demo .

Hm, this one really shows zh.wordpress.org.

I also did a test and switched a blog to zh_TW locale and version
2.8.6. Immediately it suggested that I upgrade to the tw.wordpress.org
package.

I have a couple of questions in order to debug this issue:

* Could you delete the option _transient_update_core and try again?
* Do you have the $wp_local_package and what's its value?
* Do you have a filter on core_version_check_locale and if yes – how
does it work?

Thank you and happy translating,