[wp-polyglots] WordPress 3.0 String Freeze information

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 21:54:30 UTC 2010

Hi Translators,

Just a quick note to let you know the outcome of the string freeze discussion at this weeks dev chat.

We decided the easiest thing to do was to tie the String Freeze to the release of the first Release Candidate.

Based on the current schedule this should give you all about 2 weeks with two weekends to complete your translations.

In the unlikely circumstance that we have to change/introduce the odd string between this date and release myself or one of the other developers will send an email to this list to let you know.

If we end up doing more than one change we will like send a single email with all the info like I did for 2.9

If you have any questions about the strings or find things which are difficult to translate due to collisions with different translations in your languages please open trac tickets as normal so we can improve the translatability.

Many Thanks

Peter
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5