[wp-polyglots] WordPress 3.0 string freeze

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Sun Apr 4 19:22:37 UTC 2010

>>> Is 1 week too short?
>> I think a week before is ok, just make sure that week has a weekend, I
>> believe most of the guys will be busy during working days so having a
>> weekend will leave them with no excuses :)
> Yep, a week is sound for me, but bare in mind it depends on the amount of new and modified strings. :)

We've been keeping a trunk version of our translation ever since 3.0
was announced, and regularly update our PO/MO in order to 1) be able
to properly test said translation in context and not be surprised on
release day, and 2) only get a handful of new/changed strings to touch
upon when 3.0 final is cooked and delivered.

Hence, to us one week is more than enough, but obviously not everyone
keeps synching with the trunk POT every other day :)

-x.

--
Xavier Borderie