[wp-polyglots] WordPress 3.0 string freeze

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Sun Apr 4 10:12:56 UTC 2010

În data de Du, 04-04-2010 la 09:47 +0100, Peter Westwood a scris:

> On 4 Apr 2010, at 01:08, Stas Sușcov wrote:
>
> > În data de Du, 04-04-2010 la 01:41 +0200, Wacław Jacek a scris:
> > > Frankly, it'd simply be nice to know of a string freeze, say, two
> > > weeks before the release of 3.0.
> >
> > +1 for that.
> > So I can call our team together on a day or two before and be ready
> > release synced with upstream.
> >

> There will be a string freeze and I hope to be able to announce it in
> good time before release.
>

> I am going to put in on the agenda for the next dev-chat.
>

> Is there a minimum length of time that you would like to see between
> string freeze and final release in order that it makes it realistic
> for many of you to release a translated version of 3.0 soon after the
> English version is available?
>

> Is 1 week too short?

I think a week before is ok, just make sure that week has a weekend, I
believe most of the guys will be busy during working days so having a
weekend will leave them with no excuses :)

Wacław?

--
()  Campania Panglicii în ASCII
/\  http://stas.nerd.ro/ascii/