[wp-polyglots] GlotPress

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Thu May 21 22:49:25 GMT 2009

GlotPress will be a web-based translation tool. Just like WordPress is
a web-based publishing tool.

Here is what will make it special:

* As usable as a desktop client.
* Simple and clean. As extensible as hell. Or at least as WordPress.
* Build for collaboration.
* APIs and import/export.

I have already started work on GlotPress, but I didn't want to show it
to you before I had reached an important milestone -- I managed to do
the Bulgarian translation of WordPress 2.8 entirely in GlotPress.

Currently GlotPress can be installed and can import/export gettext
files and can translate. And that's all.

The user system isn't there, you can't edit/create projects from the
interface, there is no approval of translations.

It will be great if you can help. I have put some docs on the trac
main page: http://trac.glotpress.org/ Installation is very easy.

There is no mailing list and site yet, but if there's interest we can
set them up. If you are interested in helping, please reply to this
e-mail or just get in the trac or try the code.

Thank you and happy translational hacking,