[wp-polyglots] Continents and cities for translation

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Tue May 19 11:20:22 GMT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 01:09, Naoko McCracken <info at nao-net.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was going through translation and found some questions etc.
>
> First, I noticed Argentina, Indiana and Kentucky are the only areas
> country/state name precede cities.
> Shouldn't all cities shown like that?

We don't have control over the list/structure of the objects.

They are taken from the php timezone database via the php function
timezone_identifiers_list(). I guess we can:

* Report issues. PHP uses the Olson database:
http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm

* Work around the worst issues. We can't alter the structure, however.
We can only change names.