[wp-polyglots] The meaning of "File upload stopped by extension."

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Thu May 14 19:35:55 GMT 2009

I wondered about the very same thing this morning when translating the
latest strings.
It could also be a "missing PHP extension"...

A quick look in poEdit sent me to:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-admin/includes/file.php#L234 and
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-admin/includes/file.php#L342
...which does not give any more context, but from there on you can
find that page:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.errors.php
...which is translated in a handful of language. Translations are not
really any clearer, but at least they are as official as can be...

Still, any better context, I'll gladly take.

-x.

2009/5/14 Wacław Jacek <mail at waclawjacek.com>:
> Hey guys, just a quickie:
>
> Does "File upload stopped by extension." mean "Upload was stopped, because
> its extension is invalid." or "A plugin stopped the upload"?
>
> Cheers,
> W. J.

Xavier Borderie