[wp-polyglots] local .org site CSS file is different from wordpress.org

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Thu May 14 14:28:03 GMT 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 22:47, Naoko McCracken <info at nao-net.com> wrote:
> Hi Nikolay,
>
> Can we use the latest css that wordpress.org is using?
>
> wordpress.org's main CSS file:
> http://s.wordpress.org/style/wp4.css
>
> but on ja.wordpress.org:
> http://en.wordpress.org/wp-content/themes/rosetta/style.css
>
> For example, h4 in the blog is floated to the left and I can't use it at all.
>
> I know we can modify ja.css, but I think it makes sense to use the same
> base CSS unless there is any issue with it on you guys' side.

I tried that.

But since Matt Thomas is doing the wp.org site styes and I am doing
the local sites, I depend on his changes. Several times markup + CSS
were changed on .org, which broke local sites and I just extracted
what I needed into another CSS file.

It will be easier for me to resolve your problems than following each
.org CSS commit and fearing sth can break.

Happy translating,
N.