[wp-polyglots] On "Please, update" perpetually staying after WordPress was updated

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Thu Jun 11 18:22:19 GMT 2009

I found why "Please, update" doesn't go away.

The format of version.php was changed and the packaging system doesn't
correctly add $wp_local_package = 'bg_BG'; to its end. It was fixed,
but in order the fix to work for your users, you will have to:

1. Rebuild and release again your local version.

2. Tell your users (via your blog, or however you can) to update their
WordPress again. Then the message will be gone.

I am sorry that such a thing happened and I will add some verification
steps to make sure it won't happen again.