[wp-polyglots] GlotPress

Stas SUSHKOV stas at nerd.ro
Thu Jun 4 20:42:46 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 01:49 +0300, Nikolay Bachiyski wrote:
> GlotPress will be a web-based translation tool. Just like WordPress is
> a web-based publishing tool.
>
> Here is what will make it special:
>
> * As usable as a desktop client.
> * Simple and clean. As extensible as hell. Or at least as WordPress.
> * Build for collaboration.
> * APIs and import/export.
>
> I have already started work on GlotPress, but I didn't want to show it
> to you before I had reached an important milestone -- I managed to do
> the Bulgarian translation of WordPress 2.8 entirely in GlotPress.
>
> Currently GlotPress can be installed and can import/export gettext
> files and can translate. And that's all.
>
> The user system isn't there, you can't edit/create projects from the
> interface, there is no approval of translations.
>
> It will be great if you can help. I have put some docs on the trac
> main page: http://trac.glotpress.org/ Installation is very easy.
>
> There is no mailing list and site yet, but if there's interest we can
> set them up. If you are interested in helping, please reply to this
> e-mail or just get in the trac or try the code.

Hi Nikolay,
back to GlotPress.
I got it installed on one of out servers:
http://glotpress.t.nerd.ro/

But I wasn't able to do too much with it.
I tried importing a po file, but all It sayd back is "1 string
imported".

Can you gide me please?
I'm really interested in a localization tool for managing Romanian
translation. Seems that using Narro failed from the community point of
view, maybe GlotPress will be a better one.

Thank you in advance.

> Thank you and happy translational hacking,
> Nikolay.
() Campania Panglicii în ASCII
/\ http://stas.nerd.ro/ascii/