[wp-polyglots] wordpress.com complaints through our contact form

Cátia Kitahara contato at catiakitahara.com.br
Thu Jul 30 21:40:58 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I've got an other issue with our blog at br.wordpress.org. Lately I'm
receiving some complaint messages about blogs hosted at wordpress.com.

The thing is we already have a message telling the contact form is meant to
contact the translation team, but people ignore it and they keep sending
these messages.

I could only ignore them, but I don't feel confortable because I feel sorry
for these people and this could bring legal problems to you, which could be
easily avoided.

I think this happens for four main reasons (apart from they ignoring our
warning):
1. they can't find the wordpress.com Complaint page;
2. if they do, they don't speak English.
3. I think the only way to get to the Complaint page is through the Terms of
Service page (I maybe wrong), which is also in English.
4. and the most important, they don't know the difference between
wordpress.com and wordpress.org.

So I was wondering if you, guys at Automattic, could make the link to your
Complaint page easier to be found (maybe on the footer, next to the TOS
link), and if you could translate both pages, Complaint and Terms of
Service, to Portuguese. Maybe this could help.

Thanks,
Cátia