[wp-polyglots] Basic feminine form

Francesc Hervada-Sala francesc at hervada.org
Sun Nov 9 15:45:23 GMT 2008

Hello,

the issue with the different plural forms for pages, posts, comments, drafts
etc. ist not easy to solve and requires more experienced WP-programmers than me.

The suggestion from Xavier to distinguish them by appending them a context looks easier as it really is. I have found 2 problems:

1. The __ngettext() function, which is used to give the singular/plural form, does not know about context pipes. I think we must create a new function e.g. _nc() which does the combination of _c() and __ngettext(), that is, it gives the singular/plural form according to amount and stripes out everything from the pipe | character.

2. At edit-pages.php:76 there is no direct call to __ngettext but an array such as:

I do not know how to manage this.

Best regards,

Francesc