[wp-polyglots] Delurk (again), and Afrikaans l10n

Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) samuel at translate.org.za
Wed Jun 4 05:54:54 GMT 2008

G'day everyone

I was on this mailing list in February for a few days, and I'm back.  I
want to help translate WordPress into Afrikaans.

The problem is that the current/previous Afrikaans translators did not
leave many clues as to their identities or e-mail addresses.  The PO
files on Launchpad contains only the e-mail address of the last
translator, so I was able to send mail to one translator.  I also left a
comment on another translator's blog, at afrikaans.wordpress.com, but he
hadn't posted on his blog for many months now.

I also want to assist translators from other languages (especially in my
country) to get their WordPress efforts going.  The WP wiki mentions
several ways to translate the POT file... and I'm adding another method,
namely Pootle.  I'm one of the admins on pootle.locamotion.org, see.  My
country (South Africa) has 11 official languages but only two of them
are represented as WordPress localisations.

Anyway, I look forward to helping translate WordPress.  I'm in the
fortunate position that nearly 50% of it is already done (although I'll
be doing some proofreading/editing in the existing translations).

I hope to get some response from the Afrikaans guys.

Sincerely
Samuel Murray

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/decathlon/wordpress