[wp-polyglots] Sending information for Greek subdomain -- el.wordpress.org

Demetris kikizas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 10:54:02 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Nikolay Bachiyski <nb at nikolay.bg> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 19:53, Demetris <kikizas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone!
>>
>> I'm sending the information to create a Greek international site,
>> el.wordpress.org.
>>
>> Locale:  el
>> wp.org username:  demetris
>>
>> I have committed shot-el.png and rosetta-el.po:
>>
>> http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/el/rosetta/
>>
>> The PO file is half-finished.  I will complete the translation as soon
>> as I am able to see some things in context.
>
> You can log in at: http://el.wordpress.org/wp-admin/
>
> Could you choose a title to show on the front page? For now it is Greek.
>
> Happy translating,
> Nikolay.

Ah!  That's great!  Thank you very much.

Title for front page, next to "WordPress | ":

Ελληνικά

====

AN ISSUE

There is, I think, a problem in the styling of all
LOCALE.wordpress.org subdomains, with the universal rule for the text
shadow of the whole body:

body * {
text-shadow:0 0 0 #000000;
}

It would seem that this would not produce any shadows, since all
values are set to zero, but it does, and all text in subdomains is
blurry and not pleasant at all to read (checked in Firefox for Windows
(latest nightly build) and in Opera for Windows (latest stable
release)). The effect is most pronounced when ClearType is used, but
it is also visible even when no kind of font-smoothing is used.

Removing the rule fixes the problem for me.

Can you or someone else look into this?

Greetings,
Demetris