[wp-polyglots] How about a post on the WordPress RSS?

Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) samuel at translate.org.za
Sun Aug 24 10:21:20 GMT 2008

G'day everyone

I notice that there is an RSS feed linked to from the Wordpress.org home
page.  This feed boasts a grand total of 10 posts for the year 2008.  It
strikes me that none of those posts have anything to do with the WP
localisation process.  I think the RSS feed can be a great avenue to
remind people that WP is being translated and can be translated into
one's own language.

I'll be honest in saying that I'm hoping that such an RSS post would
mention the various way that WordPress can be translated, thereby
creating some exposure for my own company, but even if that is
unrealistic, I'm sure you'll agree that it would be a great opportunity
to give the WP translation process an extra little boost.

Sometimes people need to be reminded of what is under their noses.

So, what is your opinion about this?  What say the WP dev people about
this?  Can we get a message out on the RSS saying that lots of us are
translating and that we want more people to help translate?

My 2c.

Samuel

--
Samuel Murray
samuel at translate.org.za
Decathlon, for volunteer opensource translations
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/decathlon/