[wp-polyglots] Burmese and wordpress

Andrew Cunningham lang.support at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 00:46:40 GMT 2008

In a project I'm working on we are preparing to implement the my_MM locales
in ICU and CLDR. Obviously these are Unicode based locales. We are also
looking at implementing a Burmese interface for WordPress looking at the
existing my_MM WordPress locale, I noticed that it isn't a Unicode based
locale. For our purposes we'd need to use Unicode based solution because
we'd be incorprating UNicode data form a number of soures.

It would be possible to convert the existing my_MM loacle to Unicode, and we
thought that other projects may be interested in the unicode based my_MM
locale for WordPress. I was wondering if it was posisble for there to be two
my_MM WordPress locales and whether WordPress could distinguish between
them.

Andrew
--
Andrew Cunningham
Vicnet Research and Development Coordinator

andrewc at vicnet.net.au
lang.support at gmail.com