[wp-polyglots] Why the language files are placed in wp-content/languages directory by WordPress 2.2?

Mohd Tarmizi tarmiziaffandi at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 08:58:18 GMT 2007

I've also noticed about this.

In WordPress version 2.1, the right place to put the translation file would be in "wp-includes/languages". But if the script doesn't find anything in that directory, it will fall down to "wp-contents/languages". So, if you put the translation file into "wp-contents/languages" instead, the translation will also work.

Don't know how things work out in 2.2 though.