[wp-polyglots] Theme translation

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Sun Mar 11 16:45:26 GMT 2007

2007/3/11, Kimmo Suominen <kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com>:
> Hi!
>
> It looks like the gettexted theme in the I18N repository is not up-to-date.
> Is anyone planning on updating it to 2.1.x?

I myself have tried before, but couldn't keep the theme really
up-to-date. I used to just i18n it from scratch every time I hoped to
just update the differences, which had accumulated by the time I had
updated it the previous time.

Again, I think we should to persuade the others that default theme
should be i18ned. Anyway, if somebody wants to touch the string by
himself, he usually won't be using the default one. Actually there
aren't many blogger, who are using it. On the other hand the default
theme should be friendly enough especially for those, who are not
technically proficient.

We can also keep only an gettext-full version and then, if needed, to
generate a fixed-strings one.