[wp-polyglots] Migrating Codex to wp.org

Naoko McCracken info at nao-net.com
Sun Jul 29 15:24:10 GMT 2007

Hi!

I have been involved in WordPress Japan, and we just had a skype-chat
meeting about the future of Japanese documentation yesterday.

We currently have an independent install of MediaWiki codex, but it
has been painfully slow & returning to many 500 errors.
http://codex.xwd.jp/index.php/WPJ_Codex

We are thinking about migrating our current codex content into
wp.org's codex, just like Spanish documentation. (So it will be
http://codex.wordpress.org/ja:Main_Page for Japanese)

I have several questions:

- How is the codex data being backed up?
- Does this sound like the best solution (I want to hear if there's
anyone who is helping Spanish documentation in this mailing list - any
language-related issues?) to use wp.com's codex?
- What is the plan for (for example) nl.wordpress.net documentation?
Will they have a separate install of MediaWiki or will they use /nl:
section of main codex?
- Has anyone done export/import of MediaWiki content from one install
to another install, but in a different structure (meaning, the content
of http://codex.xwd.jp/index.php/WPJ_Codex will be moved to
ja:Main_Page instead of root). We want to save change history if
possible.

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask all of these questions-
let me know if you can direct me to somewhere else that's better place
for any of the above.

Thanks!

Naoko McCracken
http://blog.detlog.org/