[wp-polyglots] 2.4 reminder

Huda Toriq hudatoriq at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 15:12:44 GMT 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 6:24 PM, Nikolay Bachiyski <nbachiyski at developer.bg> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The new WordPress release, 2.4, is scheduled for January 24th, which
> is a little more than a month from now, so this is just the right time
> for us, translators, to get prepared for the release. Here is a short
> checklist of the things you might want to do before the holidays:
>
> * Check the latest pot, residing at its usual place:  [0]. There
> aren't many new strings -- 20 new and 74 fuzzy, but the earlier you
> start, the less problems you will have.
>
> * Start a little site for you locale under the wordpress.org domain.
> It gives you both a place to expose your translations and a neat
> interface for building localized archives directly from your
> repository. You can find more information on the Codex [1].
>
> * Allow your users to test the preliminary beta and RC versions. For
> each version announced on the Development blog [2] (and not only,
> 2.3.2-beta is already there) you can find the corresponding pot file
> in the tags folder in the pot repository [3].
>
> Happy translating and happy holidays,
> Nikolay.

Hi, Nikolay. Sure, no problem, I have longer holiday this year in my country.

I have a question regarding the preliminary RC & beta. How could we,
the translator sure that the local RC or beta release resemble the
English version of WordPress, since the RC & beta don't have their own
tag directory? We can combine both trunk (localization repository &
WP's main repository), but if we do it late, the trunk state is not
similar with the desired RC or beta anymore. It's another story if we
could select which revision to use.

--
Huda Toriq
http://hudatoriq.web.id