[wp-polyglots] The never-ending: i18n of default theme

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Thu Aug 30 07:30:51 GMT 2007

Hello all,

First the (old) news: the default theme won't be i18n-ed. The reason
in short: for the sake of simplicity.

I beg you, let's not make a flame war on that, I am almost sure this
policy won't change, so we'd better focus on making our life easier,
instead of losing precious time for pointless discussions. Thank you!

There are (at least) 2 recent internationalizations, which we can use:

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4059
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4817

However keeping them in sync with the default isn't an easy process
without taking regular care. There is a theme folder in the
wordpress-i18n repository [0] and anyone, who volunteers to keep the
theme i18n up-to-date will receive commit access to this folder. Thus,
we can help ourselves and always have a i18n-ed version of the default
theme.

Anyone, who is willing to participate, just drop a note here with
forums username.

Thank you in advance,
Nikolay.

[0] http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/theme/